Saturday 29 December 2007

More pics! I'm on a roll!

Yep, more pics again! I got a fwe of the black silkies giving a better idea of their colouring, though I'm still not thrilled with how the beetle-green tends to look reflective/highlight as a bluey colour on this camera. One day I'll get it right!

Till then here are my bookends busy looking for bugs....

And here's a cute pic of the little chicks taking advantage of the warm day to have a stroll in the grass and a bug hunt.

Lastly, one of the Faverolle.

Holy cow you would not believe how difficult it was to get even a single picture of these guys! I haven't posted many pics of them as they've been very disappointing. I got them, same as my Wyandottes, because of their repute for good natures and placid tempers. Most Faverolle are... mine I suspect came from a line with dreadful tempers as the whole lot are nuts! Very highstrung and nervy, they scatter in a dozen different directions when they hear a footstep. This pic is courtesy of my 12x zoom and even so you can see she's got her mouth wide open alarm calling! Same environment, feed, number of feeders, space per bird and amount/type of handling as my lovely friendly Wyandottes and Silkies but man what a difference! I'd intended to keep a few to breed on but considering their temperments, they've all got about 10 weeks before they're sent to chookie heaven no matter how pretty they are. :-(

1 comments:

Lucy C said...

The fav is a good photo.
Even if it is a crazy bird.
I hope they taste good!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany