Sunday 13 July 2008

Euroa breeders invite auction

I had an absolutely fabulous day today at the Euroa's breeders invite auction. I've been waiting for this one since before the start of the year and it didn't disappoint. Very nice birds and a lot of BYPers, so it made for a fabulous get together!

I'd gone specifically looking for another pair of brown chinese and with my eye on the birds Hamish Russell had up, as he is retiring from geese and they would be representing decades of work and a fabulous bloodline. I was very, very pleased to secure a pair, a lovely big fellow and a pretty young lady even if I spent a bit more than anticipated. (My DH officially gets the Best DH Ever Award for putting up with my poultry obsession with such tollerant indulgence... LOL)



I'd also e-mailed Kirribindi, to request when she had more ducklings if I could get a pair of baby girls. I was lucky enough to catch her in time to pick these two up today - meet Amelia and Anabella. They are disgustingly adorable and have imprinted VERY quickly - they are MOST unhappy when I'm out of sight... LOL


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my those geese are just gorgeous!!! Are you going to breed???? Please say you are because I so badly want some brown Chinese!!!!

Amanda O. said...

Hi Kate,
Yes these guys will most definitely be breeding! They are some of the top bloodlines in the country, so very, VERY good birds and I'd be very happy for you to have a pair. :-)

Anonymous said...

We don't need really top pure breds... but we'd LOVE a pair of 'rejects' if you ever have any - they would be much loved at our house!

Amanda O. said...

LOL I know you're just after pets, don't worry. There is a bit of an old adage in breeding that you don't just buy the animal but the bloodlines. IOW there are some lines I'd cheerfully consider a pet quality one to be more valuable than the best of another line because even if that bird isn't tops it has the background to produce very well instead of just being a lucky fluke. ;-)

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany