Saturday 23 February 2008

We went to the Gardening & Rare Plants Expo in Silvan today and came away with a nice selection of pretty plants, catalogues and contacts for when the garden is ready to plant. I missed the talk the Rhododendron Society was holding but found out one of *the* foremost experts in identifying them is literally just around the corner from us!

Tim, who runs Tribe of Honk poultry stud also is part of Drewitt's Rare Bulbs and was doing a chook talk as well. So besides the gorgeous time enjoying the plants it also ended up a mini-BYP get together as Jacquie (Kirribindi) was there and to my surprise Broken Bird also had come to pick up some geese! When BB went to pick up his geese, we were also invited back to Tim's. His geese are so gorgeous... I love the Chinese of course but also am taken with the Embden and Saddlebacks. We also saw this little chook and isn't he just the neatest looking little guy???

He's a Silkie X roo - little crest, big silkie comb although red, feathering down his legs, a nice beard, beautiful colors in his wings and lacing on his blue and absolutely tame as could be. He probably sat in my hand getting a pet for a good half hour and would have probably sat there all day had I not handed him back! LOL

Now as I'd mentioned to Tim, I have plenty of grass for when I get geese. This photo of a few of my guys outside their nightshed - just to give an idea! LOL

And pics of my girls to show off how they've shaped up. The top one is Penny, who is now all grown up and filled out.

And one of her daughters who is now 16 weeks old and starting to look like a chook instead of a gawky feathered raptor. ;-)

1 comments:

No one said...

Oh, that rooster is magnificent! I know nothing about poultry, but I like thing I see that are pretty!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany