Sunday 5 October 2008

The new Wyandotte trio

Pic quality is not very good because we got back after dark, the lights in my quarantine shed give everything a funny tinge and I didn't want to stress them out too much after a long trip. So they are a bit lighter in natural light than the pics etc. But as I keep them in the q-pens for 2 weeks (gives them a chance to settle in stress free environment from the move, lets me observe them closely and ensure they have a preventative dose of sulphaquin, moxi etc) and am too impatient to wait to till I can take 'ideal' pics. LOL

So here they are - the new roo, quite pleased with him - no black in hackles or saddle, good broken gold on the breast, nice comb/workings/leader, no white in ears, even the black in the tail is brownish black, nice eye colour.The first hen, still have a ways to go compared to the bantams which are quite well developed in most plc*g* but they are quite nice little girls and very pleased with them. And the second little girl, who'd been broody when I picked her up and hasn't realized her eggies didn't make the trip with her. She's broke brood but will take a few days before she decides to resume laying.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh they are gorgeous! I particularly like the hens... what gorgeous colours! We inherited 5 refugee hens today so are almost at our limit for hens with our current housing... but I want a pair of these even more now!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany