Saturday 13 June 2009

Liquorice Allsort chick Pt II

For those who remember, one of my little broody girls managed to sneak one of her own eggs into a clutch she was sitting and hatched out a cute little black puffball dubbed the liquorice allsort chick. Her babydaddy was one of my Wyandotte roos and I was curious to see how it'd turn out from such an oddball mix of colours and hoped it was a pullet and would make as good a broody as mum. Well, here is the results, in front of her mum:

I know... I know... for such a cute little chick out of pretty parents, poor Liquorice is not the most pretty chook around! Poor dear has smutty black feathering, whiteish skin and ears and pale eyes and a horn coloured beak and a mishmash looking comb. Her face is a weird looking combination of Wyandotte/Silkie/Pekin that looks perpetually a bit cross and hawkish. She is sweet though and hopefully she makes a very good broody like mum.

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany